Click image to see download options from Flickr:
- Aorta (AO): carries oxygen-rich blood from the heart to the body
- Left Atrium (LA): receives oxygen-rich blood from the lungs (via the pulmonary veins)
- Left Ventricle (LV): pumps oxygen-rich blood from the heart to the body (via the aorta)
- Pulmonary Artery (PA): carries oxygen-depleted blood from the heart to the lungs
- Pulmonary Veins (PV): carry oxygen-rich blood from the lungs back to the heart.
- Right Atrium (RA): receives oxygen-depleted blood from the body
- Right Ventricle (RV): pumps oxygen-depleted blood from the heart to the lungs (via the pulmonary artery)
Please note: “right” and “left” are from the heart owner’s point of view instead of the viewer’s point of view.
The text, images, and videos in THIS post are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License and may be reposted on non-commercial blogs and social networking sites. Please attribute the image or text to HeartBabyHome.com so other parents who need this service can easily find it. Thanks!